Thursday, April 5, 2012

Steamboat dinner at spice girls, nagore road

My friend, B was in town last night and I invited him for a dinner at the spice girls. It was the second time I brought him there. The first was about one year ago. The taste was quite good then and we enjoy the steamboat the last time around. Last night was the second time and we have expected the same good food.

I brought along a Japanese white wine to drink with him. We ordered the regular vegetables, food balls , meat balls, fish head, prawns and all the seafood available. We ordered two type of soup. One plain pork soup and another Tom Yam soup. We unlaoded all the vegie and seafood stuff into the different part of the bowl containing the two type of soul. I took the food from the Tom Yam soup and it burn my lips. It is not only hot but chilli hot. It burns my whole mouth including my lips. I just cannot believe the "hotness " could paralyse me with the burning sensation. I could not eat anymore but continued drinking ice cold water to remove the burning sensaton from my mouth. It took me 30 minutes before I can eat anything else from the plain soup portion.

We ordered a fish ball with cheese inside and the taste was not so good and the food was not so fresh. As we eat, we talk about our past friendship. The nights we burn KL red and we drink and be merry in the Kaoroake joints. We drink into the late nights and drag ourselves to home or to the hotel. LIfe was carefree then.

The white wine was very smooth when we drink with ice. The cold of the drinks and the hotness of the steamboat balance each other and we eat quite alot.

This afternoon, I had a lunch with another banker friend, P and P told me that he had dinner at the Spice girls before and he told me that he likes the duck salt vegetable soup and the tom yam soup. He told me, the tom yeam was chilli hot and it was acceptable. But , why did I feel so hurt ? Maybe, there is a reason. Somebody told me that if we practice yoga for a few years, my awareness will be sharpen and our sense will become more sensitive. To make matter simple and cut away the thinking, I quite agree that maybe, my taste is getting more severe and my tolerance level for hearing and eating could have improve.

A person's food is another person's poison. So, no two people are the same especially when come to taste. Eat and be merry but we have to get the expereinece when we are on the way. Life is too short to regret or compromise.

Namaste.

No comments:

Post a Comment