Saturday, May 7, 2016

Down memory lane

These few weekends, I have been visiting places of my past or my childhoods. I have been visiting the cafés or coffee shops nearby and I wonder around the lanes and the path which is there. Most of the buildings are still there and most of it have been repainted, renovated or restructured but the familiar faces are all gone. People in my past youthful days.

It is strange how the feeling and the images past through my mind and I started to talk about the past with my sister of what my mother have done and how we have been living for more than 20 years in that place until we move out.

Some building which have been the house of 72 tenants have been renovated , restructured to be a hotel and we saw some tourist coming out of the place. It is a total transformation of the neighbourhood. I could see some friends in my minds image still doing the things in the house of the 72 tenants. It is really a mix of now and the past. Many houses along the lance have been refurbished and sold to foreigners to be change into  a new commercial area. My past is slowly been erased and change into something which is beyond my imagination of the past.

I do not why I have chose to visit my past at this moment of time but I just want to follow my heart and to go back into my youth as I start to get old. Maybe , I am trying to chase back my youth which I have missed so much. I do not know but it bring back the satisfaction and at end of the day, what we have is only memories.

My naughty days of playing badminton before my exam days, the day I learned to play guitar and imitate the Beatles , the day , I play in the rain water behind my house, the day, I am under a coconut tree and hide myself under the coconut trees. Memories just roll back like a movie and I am watching it again and again for so many times and at the end of it , I feel satisfied.

I still remember the faces of my friends and I wonder where they are and how have them been. My childhood friends of strumming the guitars, my friends who practice the lion dance with me and passing through the roads to get ang pau , my friends who challenge me to fight or pee for the furthest . Our favourite past time was kite fighting, playing the marbles , catching spiders, climbing up the tress , going down the drain to catch fishes and throwing balls at each other.

Like I say, the movie of my life keeps repeating in my mind and it is the  happy things that have happen in  my childhood days and there are secrets which I have keep from my past which is also haunting me. So lets live on and live our path the best as we can.

Namaste.

No comments:

Post a Comment