Sunday, November 30, 2014

What is life ?

I met a Japanese friend on Saturday which I have not seen for the past 25 years and he came around with his family to bid me farewell.  His son and daughter have grown up since leaving Penang 25 years ago.  He told me time flies.

I had tried to meet him two years ago and it was screwed by some mismanagement of his schedule by his staff and that was disappointing. Well, life goes on without perfections.

He has gone old with less hair but he still maintain his youthful look somehow.  He told me that since retirement, everyday is sunday. He can take his time to wake up and he goes to the gym everyday. 

I gave him two books written by Robin Sharma as he likes to read books during his working days but he told me that he had stopped reading small letter books due to his fading eye sight.  Yeah, this is normal as we grow old. Our eye sight and our hearing is fading very day.

Well, he talk about his time in Penang and he showed me some photographs taken with me and my wife.  His family knows my wife well as they have taken care of her when she travel to Japan many years ago.

He invited me and my wife to visit Japan if we have time and he will take care of us.  For this offer, I am sure that he is sincere because he has been taking care of me when I was in Japan.

Yeah, time really flies and all our friends will be missing one by one as we aged.  There is no choice as the cycle of life will definitely take its course.

We had a seafood dinner with my family and his family members and we bid him " see you again " instead of goodbye.  Of course, there is a chance that we will meet again.

namaste.

No comments:

Post a Comment