Sunday, November 30, 2014

The power of mantra & chanting

The power of mantra

Last Saturday, it was the most relaxing session in my yoga practice. My teacher refreshed us on the art of breathing. Blending the cold left breath in-take with hot right breath in-take and holding each breath with a four count . Both the in and out breaths.

To my surprise , she also taught the chanting of a mantra.
It was a four  verse and it sang to a simple tune. With proper breathing and the wonderful chanting, it makes me feel light. The body was so relax after the season.

Before departing , I told my teacher that I feel I can fly. She asked me to stop joking. The true fact is flying is just a feeling. If we let go our weight , breath right and focus our mind , we actually can fly but the flying and weightless awareness is only a feeling.

There is a song " I believe  can fly" and  believe is the first step and with the right chanting to relax the body and mind and with the power of right breath ,we will have the power to fly in our mind. Flying is just a feeling.

Namaste.

No comments:

Post a Comment