Tuesday, October 7, 2014

Praying for our sins

Praying for our sins

My daughter M wrote a short comment about praying for our sins.  Can prayer erase all our sinful acts? She mentioned that it is better not to carry out a sinful act and after that pray for God's forgiveness.  The sinful acts will registered in our book of life to be mentioned on judgement day.

I was amazed at her thoughts and I believe it is quite true . Can we repent on our sins ? I believe it is only a make belief that if we repent and our sins will be forgiven but rather our sinful acts will haunt us for the rest of our life.

In another angle , can our good deeds negate the sins that we have done? Can one good deed cancel away a bad deed ?  I believe  we  cannot carry out such simple calculations. The law of karma does not work this way. You have to pay for your bad deeds and no amount of good deeds can erase away the bad deeds. These sins will be registered forever in out book of life. My daughter is absolutely correct to say that we should not do sinful things and later beg for forgiveness.

I don't know what are the sinful things my daughter have done and I know her awareness and realization will defer her to commit any sinful acts. What is done is done and we can only look forward to the future.

Namaste.

No comments:

Post a Comment