Friday, October 17, 2014

I met LKS via firefly

I was flying back from KL to Penang via firefly and I saw LKS.  The bigger than screen , YB Lim Kit Siang.  Some of the passenger at the waiting lounge went over to take photo with him and I also took courage to went over YB and request to take a photo with him. He obliged and asked me to walk closer to him.

I grew up along LKS when he was with DAP and his once youthful look have became aged and old. This is the normal process of aging but his passion in politics has never diminished.  His party DAP grew from a small base  to a big party now and the party have suffered several rounds of troubles and with a group of anti-LKS plotting to kick him out but he survived and even become more stronger.

He has been a symbol of strength and he speak out against dirty politics and corruption during his long years in politics together with his deceased partners,. Plato and Karpal Singh. He seems to be lonely with Karpal Singh but he still managed and maybe more exhausting now than before.

Luckily, he has his son , LGE  ie Lim Guan Eng who is the chief minister of Penang.  His family is so committed to politics that both of them have been in and out of jail and detention center.  Maybe this is the fate of politicians who is passionate for justice.

After taking picture with him and when I turned back to walk back to my seat, I could see the people looking at me and smile.  I do not know what they are thinking and what is their smile means.  Are they smiling because LKS have become a super star or are they smiling because I am an opposition supporter. Whatever they are thinking , I don't mind as each of us must have our own bearing and choice.

I have been an opposition supporter in my past few election and I believe in a two party system where there is check and balance equilabrium.  I hope LKS can continue after the GE14 and help to provide a more stable and fair governance to the country.

Namaste.

No comments:

Post a Comment