Wednesday, October 29, 2014

Crab rice at Simpang Ampat, Penang.

Crap rice at simpang Ampat, Penang

Last Sunday , I toolk my family including my sister and brother in law for lunch at the crap rice at simpang Ampat.  I have been there with my boss many years ago and  I wanted to compare to the crap rice which I had last week at Tanjung Bungah.

Comparing the quantity , the crap rice at simpang Ampat was bigger and the crap was more fresh and tastier.  However, the chicken and other dishes were not so good including the vegetables.

Further down simpang Ampat is tambun which is famous for the sea food ie crabs and prawns. Further a bit more is Batu Kawan whch is well known for their seafood congee and porridge.

There are so many sea food outlets around these areas and some serves excellent sea food. Much further down is Bandar Bahru , my favorite sea food hideout. They offer excellent river fish and prawns and at reasonable price。

Back to the crab rice at simpang Ampat. It was not the best but the price is reasonable. For a six person lunch , it cost about Rm274 only with six sea food dishes and chicken.

Namaste.

No comments:

Post a Comment