Sunday, October 19, 2014

Lying in bed - thinking

Lying in bed

Feeling very tired and sleepy. In  younger days , I stayed past 12 midnight and sleep only for 3 or 4 hours  to freshen up myself and go to work.  I was able to focus and do my job the next day. As string as an ox.

Now at these twilight years , I yawn at 9pm and want to hit my bed at 9.30 pm and go through an uneven sleep before waking up tomorrow at 7am and feeling tired.

Yes, it is aging process.  Many old people catch a short nap through the day and at nght, they are struggling to sleep. Even though , their sleep is more than eight hours
In a day, their sleeping hours are never enough

There are few choice to live beyond the waning age ie to accept it gracefully, or to delay the aging or some kind of compromise between the options.

I have seen a  video on my face book that showed a 81 years old man pumping iron and he still maintain a superb physic and strength. He could carry heavy iron during his training , pumping on his five fingers and lifting himself up with his legs and hands on a side bar, etc. he still  has HS power although his head is full of white hair and his face showed his age.

I have mentioned in my earlier article of seeing a 60 + yoga teacher having a enormous amount of energy. Yes, we can defeat aging by exercise the way we want if. We may die in the process but if is our choice and our passion .

Namaste.

No comments:

Post a Comment