Sunday, August 10, 2014

My recent birthday - an insight

People tell me that age is just a number  and also people joked with me that my hirthday coincide with the National Day of Singapore and millions of people celebrate with me. Apart all this illusions, yes, there were many whatsapps and SMS to greet me on my birthday. A few on the FB as well.

Out of all these is my daughter, M's birthday. She sang me a song sang by her through whatspp. I was taken aback by the wordings and I almost felt tears flowing from my eyes. In the song, she apologize for not spending time with her parents, wondering out most of the time, no time to say I am sorry and say all the wrong words at times.  It is very hard to say we are sorry but she sang it with emotions and sincerity.  I was touched , very touched.  I know she is not a bad girl after all and at least , she knows what is wrong with her attitude.  Being aware is good enough.

In the message to me in her FB, she said that I am a partime driver, a partime ATM . a partime friend but a fully time father. Yes, I am very worried about her and what she is doing all the times.  I felt that she is too close her friends and some of them will make use of her. This is my main concern.

On my brither last saturday, my wife arrange a family dinner with her sisters and brothers at our private club and after that we had a drink at the pub.  There was a lot of fun and eating.  The night ended very late and I reach home only about 11.30pm. During my younger days, it was only the start fo the night but at this age, it is the starting for my sleep. It is already late for my sleep.

Driving back, I was thinking about the years that have passed by and how fast have it been moving.  How many more 10 years is remaining ?  Everything looks so bleak and colorless as we look into the past years. The longer back we tried to visualize in the past,  the more colors it has faded. Every is blur and colorless.


All of us were laughing during the dinner  but internally, there is always a vuccum and always crying out for God. The God which is always forgiving despite all the sins which is done in the past and the only way to GOD is through Christ. Yes, there was this topic being discussed during the dinner and it creates a lot of fun talking about it.

Life is a journey and we shall enjoy it fully.

namaste.

No comments:

Post a Comment