Thursday, August 21, 2014

I am fearful

During my yoga session yesterday, we were requested to do a headstand pose.  In the past , I have done it so many times but recently, I panic and become very scare.  I was thinking of falling awkwardly and hurt myself.  At this age, any injury will be difficult to get it cured.

I was only thinking of falling and when I am ready to do the pose, I froze and tell my wife that I cannot do it even she is there to support me. I don't know how the fear have creep in and take hold of my life.  I have seen some of my yogi's falling down when doing the headstand and there are some of them who can do the pose well.

The picture of my fellow yogi's painful picture after they fell was so strong in my head and it just prevent me from trying. How could I overcome the fear? Being fearful manifest itself many times and make me feel very unsecured.

My yoga instructor always told me that we have to face our fear and try to overcome it and if we succeed than it will go away. I am seeking a breakthrough to break my fear and everytime , I pushed myself to the edge of my fear and I just back away. Only a thin line between overcoming my fear or become fearful. I should have the courage to move it over the line but I just pull back.

Well, I tell myself that I shall be trying until the time , I could move over the line. This is my focus and I will continue this attempt. Maybe, one day the courage will come and I will win over the fear.

I am positive that the day will come.

Namaste.

No comments:

Post a Comment