Friday, August 8, 2014

Coffee joints & cafe - my love

Lately, I have been addicted to coffee.  It keeps me awake and moving.  If without coffee, I will be lifeless. What do they have in coffee that me feel loved and comfortable. At the afternoon meeting, my colleage told me a joke :

A lady was sitting on the swing with her husband drinking coffee. Suddenly, the lady said that " you have been lovely and thank you for all these good years". Her husband was delighted and asked her why she suddenly say these wonderful  words to him. The lady looked at him and told him that the words are not for him but for her coffee which have given her so much wonderful years. LOL.

I am now confused whether my wife have been taking care of me better than the coffee that I have been drinking.  The relation , the sweetness, the aroma and the wonderful taste. It keeps me awake to carry my life through thck and thin. Always available when I need it. No nagging, no complaints and heartbreaks.  Keep me warm during the raining days and let me keep my cool during the hot days but most important is to let me keep my senses.

No wonder these cafes are mushrooming in Penang and I was told that there are hundred over cafes of this nature to cater for the different preference of the crowds and provide comfort the public to gather and drink coffee.  Their nature is like the london pubs to the  British people and this cafes will soon become a local culture.

The doctors said that drinking 2 to 3 cups a day, it is good for health but if we drink more , then it becomes counter positive and could hurt us. This point I am not so sure but definitely 2 to 3 cups is okay for me especially when I need it.

My wife told me that she needs a cup a day , otherwise, she has headaches. So , this point , I am not so sure because this seems like an addiction.

Come what may, coffee have become a must for me especially in the morning or a late night sleep.  It has been very useful for me to fight the blues especially the monday blues.

Namaste.

No comments:

Post a Comment