Tuesday, March 26, 2013

To love somebody - just a song

To love somebody is it purely possesion ?  Catch hold of the love and put it in a bottle ? Can we hold it there?  Of course , no.  How can feelings be contained?  So , to love a person is to stay far enough for him or her to breath and to growth. Love is not like a creeper growing around a tree but rather like the Sun providing the light for the tree to growth. How far is the Sun from the tree ? If the Sun is too near the tree, it will get dry and burned.  Loving a person is holding until it choke but staying near to it and provide encourage and the support.

My daughter is near completing her three months training in Langkawi and she is coming back now.  During these three months, I have only seen her once but I text her almost very day and called her regularly.  I have not seen her since and she told me that she has gained a few more pounds.  I text her to tell her that she can become Ms Santa if she keeps growing. I really missed her and she keeps telling me that she missed me. I have believe that , right ? Hope and love will keep us alive.

I asked her about her future plan and she told me that she has some idea of pursuing her degree in KL and  I asked her what course she intends to pursue and she was blank in her answer.  I offered to get her into a degree course in Australia or US but she said that I am wasting my time.  I know that I cannot force her and I have let her choose her own course. Whatever course she choose, it does not matter as long as she keeps on learning and acquiring a skill.  BTW, she is pursuing culinary arts in a local college.

On Sunday, I saw a show on China's culinary skill and how the Chinese Chef use their knife to prepare their food.  By the use of chop, slide and cut , the master chefs can prepare fine culinary food.  I saw a Chef cutting bean cubes and they can slides it as fine as the hair width and they cook the soup with it. The movement of the knife and the hands needs the focus of the mind and the body and it was no ordinary task. I hope my daughter would be able to master such skills but maybe, she will not be interested at all.

Loving a person is not be what we want them to be but rather be what they want to be. This is very important as each person is different their outlook in life and have their own passion and talent in their own way. We should hope their grow and grow in their own way and be happy.

Namaste.

No comments:

Post a Comment