Friday, March 15, 2013

Growing old - insight

Subject: GROWING OLD.....

 
Growing old is Awesome when you look at it like this!!!

Some  very true words to ponder鈥�.I hope you  enjoy.
As  I've aged, I've become kinder to myself, and  less critical of myself. I've become my own  friend.

 
I have seen too many dear friends  leave this world, too soon; before they  understood the great freedom that comes with  aging.
Whose business is it, if I choose  to read, or play, on the computer, until 4 AM,  or sleep until noon? I will dance with myself to  those wonderful tunes of the 50, 60 &70's,  and if I, at the same time, wish to weep over a  lost love, I will.

 
I will walk the beach,  in a swim suit that is stretched over a bulging  body, and will dive into the waves, with  abandon, if I choose to, despite the pitying  glances from the jet set.
They, too, will get  old.

 
I know I am sometimes forgetful. But  there again, some of life is just as well  forgotten. And, I eventually remember the  important things.

 
Sure, over the years,  my heart has been broken. How can your heart not  break, when you lose a loved one, or when a  child suffers, or even when some body's beloved  pet gets hit by a car? But, broken hearts are  what give us strength, and understanding, and  compassion. A heart never broken, is pristine,  and sterile, and will never know the joy of  being imperfect.

 
I am so blessed to have  lived long enough to have my hair turning gray,  and to have my youthful laughs be forever etched  into deep grooves on my face. So many have never  laughed, and so many have died before their hair  could turn silver.
As you get older, it  is easier to be positive. You care less about  what other people think. I don't question myself  anymore. I've even earned the right to be  wrong.

 
So, to answer your question, I  like being old. It has set me free. I like the  person I have become. I am not going to live  forever, but while I am still here, I will not  waste time lamenting what could have been, or  worrying about what will be. And I shall eat  dessert every single day (if I feel like  it).

 
MAY OUR  FRIENDSHIP NEVER COME APART, ESPECIALLY WHEN  IT'S STRAIGHT FROM THE  HEART

No comments:

Post a Comment