Sunday, July 24, 2011

A crazy trip to Bangladesh

This time it was a short trip.  A 12 hours time with a change of three planes for each way and return within two days. That means, only 24 hours in Chittagong with eight hours of sleep in a hotel. A 16 hours of working time. At the end of the trip, it was a flat out. Totally exhausted and drained.  The trip there was Penang-Bangkok-Dhaka-Chittagong and the return flight was Chittagong-Dhaka-Singapore-Penang. When I re-cap the trip, It sends shiver down my spine. Cold sweat.

When I was back in Pennag on Saturday, I could not sleep and the rest of the day , I wonder around like zombie. A bit of the jet lag and drifting in  a lost time zone. I have not done such crazy trips before but there was a long trip to Switzerland more than 10 years ago. It was a 16 hours trip with a brief  stop over in Dubai. I remembered the effect of the trip. I could not walk properly after landing in Switzerland and there was blood in my shit on the same day. Some part of me have been suppress for a long time and it has affect a sensitive portion of anus. Such impact of the trip went deep into my memory and before each trip, this suffering will surface and torment me. I could feel the pain before the trip and this is very real. It does not surface only once but a few times before the trip. Our thoughts will continues distract us and put us through the discomfort of my past experience.

After such long trip experience, I understand the discomfort especially on a business trip. The feeling is completely different if I travel for leisure and on a holiday. There is a focus on such trips and we are relax. For business trips, there are so many distractions and pending issues to be thought about and to strategize to resolve these matters. It takes a lot of experience and wisdom to relax on a business trip.  Like i have learned that those season tennis players only return necessary shoots to preserve their energy to win a tennis game instead of chasing after every balls.Similarly in a travel , it is important also to preserve energy and mental focus to be relax and enjoy the work in comfort.

But, one thing is real. It is harder and harder to travel when we are getting old. If we keep our health in good shape, it will be manageable when we aged but if we do not take care, it will be a hassle and pain when we age and it will take more effort or energy to take the similar trips as when we young and strong.

Remember , a season traveller is just like a season tennis player . You don't have to chase after every shots. Work smart and live wisely. Life is not a destination but a journey and enjoy all the dots on the way.

Namaste.

No comments:

Post a Comment