Tuesday, June 21, 2011

The circle of life

I read a message from the face book posted by my friend. It was a sad message talking about death, memory and love. I believe she have lost a close relative recently and I wish to dedicate this article to her. She is a staunch Buddhist and I want to advise her that nobody can escape the circle of life , that is, birth,age, sickness and death. Many billions of people have gone before us and how many more  billions will be gone after us. Nobody is special and this is the only path. Some can live longer ,some  shorter and others have shortest life on earth , this is part of evolution.

It is very easy to advise but to endure the lost is something very different. For people of my age, I have lost both my parents and several uncles and aunties due to old age and sickness and after each passing, my time seems to get nearer. I have written many articles about life but yet, death is still a stranger to me. It will come and where will I go ? There is no escaping and we will just have to face it and for the moment, we should live our life the best we can.

When I lost my mother, I felt very sorry and sad. Very sorry because I have not spend enough quality time with her or have not done my best for her. I blame myself very much in the beginning and gradually, I begin to understand that I cannot change the fact that she is gone. I have to accept it and manage the fond memories which constantly float up in my mind. Even recently, in my dreams or suddenly, the thoughts of her just came into my mind. I have to acknowledge , accept it and watch it go. I missed her very much but I have to live a meaningful and happy life. I take the thought of her as experience to enrich my life and I say praise about her or bring up her memory as part of my conversation with my brother and sisters. We have good laugh and also good thoughts about her. This is all we can do and we are aware that this will be part of our life.

To my friend, SB. Yes, the love and intimate conversation with your love ones will remain with you forever and no one can steal it from you. But, please do not get depress over this happening as this is the right time for her to go. You may think that you can prolong it abit longer but there is no "ifs" because when it happens, it happen and there is nothing you can do to change it. If you think you have change it , then that is not the time yet. Everything happens at the right time for a reason.

Whatever I say, it will take awhile for you to understand and through time, you will gradually understand the wisdom of life and the limited power in you to change your fate. Time stops for no one and you have a lot of things to do in near and distant future for love ones. Be a good mother to them and provide them choice in life and lead them to bliss and happiness in the future. Your job is not yet done.

Namaste.

No comments:

Post a Comment