Monday, June 13, 2011

Amazing me- it was really cool

There is a song called Amazing Grace but I was rather surprise at the amazing me.  I was so surprise of the control over my self. Usually, I would be very upset when someone accuse my staff of  some wrong doings and today, I can calmly talk to my colleague and to show him the actual facts of a transaction and sent him off to his own office.  I can defused his normally shouting style and letting him know where is his place until he could utter another word.  It is really amazing me. I have evolved and hopefully, I can continue to improve my self and remained cool under pressure.

I had a lunch with a friend and we talk about the friends, we have.  My friend told me that I have alot of "business friends ", those who behave like my friend when I am still holding a senior position in the company but in actual fact, they will not go near me after my retirement.  Yes, I agree with him and yet , I do not fully agreed with them. To have friends, who only knows how to get benefits from you or take advantage of your positions, I would not want these type of friends, not after my retirement. The basis of friendship is to obtain benefits from me. I don't deny the fact that I am serious in my job and I do not entertain nonsense, this do not make me a bad person. If you are honest and sincere , I would welcome you to be my friend and if your purpose is to get advantage from me, by all means , go away. I don't need these parasites.

Having said that, I know of an old friend and when he was down and out of a job, I could see that all his friends abandon him. He was a nice and simple man and always sincere to others and when he was holding a senior position in the bank, he was crowded with invitation for lunch or dinner and full of friends around him. When he was out, so has his friends, all of the MIAs ( Missing in Action ). It is pitiful and why do we need to be popular and bend our principle for the so-called " friends". We should maintain our principles and be our self and only attract sincere and good friends, who became our friends out of true friendship.  The outcome would be more pathetic than we think. So, lets kick out all those falsehoods and two timers and have some strong foundation for good friendships which can last a life time.

There is a saying " many are called , a few are chosen" , the same applies to friends. We do not need the whole town full of friends but we need only a few sincere and honest friends who like you as you are and you like them as they are. We do not need to change for others and others do not need to change for us. This is the true meeting of friendship.

Namaste.

No comments:

Post a Comment