Wednesday, July 5, 2017

Like a madman

On last Saturday, I attended a potluck dinner at my Yoga teacher's apartment. I was pre-empted that the guard at the entrance is rude , so please be prepared.  I pay no attention to this warning and I went there with my wife.

On reaching the entrance, there was one Indian guard who showed me to the left entrance and later he showed me to the right entrance. When I turned my car to the right entrance, he shouted at me and ask me to park my car in the middle between the entrance. As I was moving my car , he kept shouting and I asked him why is he shouting and he wanted to draw his stick to threaten me.  I kept asking him why is he shouting .  I was upset and the whole incident was not so pleasant as I finally allowed to enter the car park.  I was puzzled at this level of madness and this guy is really hurting himself and me. What is the meaning of all this actions.

I was upset at the dinner and kept repeating the silly act of this guard and my host keep telling me that he is rude to so many people including the apartment owners .  My host's husband who is s Spanish told me that he was ordered out of the swimming pool for wearing an  unacceptable outfit.

As I cool down  I remembered a story from Ajahn Braham.  There was this women who asked her son to go to the market to buy eggs . So he went to the market and when he is about to enter a store selling eggs, there was this man shouting at him repeatedly and he could not enter the store and went home empty handed . His mother asked him why and he told her that the man outside the store kept shouting at him. She asked her son to go back to the store and buy the eggs again.  So the man go back to the store and he notice the man kept shouting at him and he disregard the man and went into the store.  On entering the store, the owner of the store told him that the man outside is mad and he has been scolding all his customers on entering the store.  So , the man realized and became aware that why is he angry with a madman.   The man is mad and how can he become angry with him as the mad man does not understand his action also.  So, if we know the reason, we should all calm down and as if there is nothing happening. This is a very good story and this show that there are so much madness in this world and we have to aware of that so that we are not caught in some nonsense act and be upset about it.

Life like that , there are so much imperfection in this world.

Namaste.

No comments:

Post a Comment