Monday, February 15, 2016

Another Hokkien New Year 2016

In Malaysia, we celebrate two Chinese new year  ie the 1st lunar day and the 9th Hokkien lunar year..  In Penang, the 2nd lunar year is more noisy and more celebrated than the 1st day of lunar year. Well, the story is very long and interesting and it is about the Hokkien people hiding in the sugar cane plantation to avoid the mass killing by their enemies  So, that is why sugar cane is very important on this occasion

At this moment , after 12 midnight , the fire crackers will be non stop to welcome the Hokkien new year and the Hokkien people will keep awake throughout the night to gain merit for their old age parents.  The longer the children stays up in the night , the longer will be their parent's life span. This belief have been transfer down through thousands of years.

The modern generation is not following this belief which make no sense for them as they google for the truth in the internet , Yes, the truth lies in the internet and everything is explained well

Now , it is the eight day of the lunar new year and it is roaring in with the fire monkey. I have just done my prayer in my sister's house and when I came back , my dog Brownie have gone out side her fence area and I have to get her into the compound and as I pull up the fence , the glutter fell infront of me . I was unhurt but shocked.  I must have used up some of my merit during the prayer and managed to escape the mishap.

Well, coming into the monkey year, where the monkey is very supportive of the snake , I hope I can get many help from my monkey friends and family members

Namaste.

No comments:

Post a Comment