Saturday, November 28, 2015

The irony of life

The irony of life

When I read Steve Jobs last words about having wealth but stricken with cancer and yet money cannot get a solution for him to replace his sufferings and pain, I have actually seen a lot of such irony happening to people close to me.

Yes, my sister in law is in the same situation as what is happening to Steve. Her husband spend a lot of money to try to cure her but her conditions deteriorated by the day.  The Cancer have been eating away her health and she gets thinner everyday.

Her recent operation to remove the cancerous growth failed and I think she has withdrawn into a denial mode. She seems to be upset with all thing happening to her and refuse to speak or response. Yes, I think it is time for her family members to tell her to let go and must not give her too much hope.

Letting go is very difficult as the attachment of the family have been too long and the family bond is still strong. The happening is too sudden and my sister in law is too young to die. But. It has to be done . She has to pass on peacefully and closed all the chapters with the family and friends. Let her soul rest in peace. Everyone have to come to terms with life.

I have advise my niece to read up the book called " Chasing daylight ". It is about a top executive in a big 4 accounting firm coming in term with cancer at an early stage and prepare himself to face death and passes on. It was done in a very logical and professional way.

We hope the best for my sister in law but she needs to know the reality of life . Someone have to do the job and it is better to be fast.

Namaste.

No comments:

Post a Comment