Sunday, November 22, 2015

Face of death

Face of death

I have seen the face of death a few times before. The pain , the frailness and the hope all mixed in the face. It is an image of confusion. It really awakes my awareness of death.

We cannot avoid death. The rich, the famous and the powerful have gone in the same way without exceptions. Nobody can buy time . Not the saintly, the evil and the commoner. Each one have to go at a specific time. A designated departure.

I was looking at my dying SIL with cancer. The look has deteriorated so much after a few weeks as the Cancer eat away the health of the body. Two weeks ago she could open her eyes and talk but yesterday , she could not open her eyes and talking took so much effort from her. She is a total wreck and is only the skin covering the bones on certain part of the bodies. The disease have been aggressive . So many  similar memories surged across my mind . It strikes the core of fear in me as the patient struggle to herself alive.

Tomorrow, she is going for an operation to remove part of the Cancer cell which could give her some hope to fight back despite all the risk . It is a bold step and instead of hoping , it is better to take a chance. Sometimes, ago I told the story of two mouse. Each one of them ran into a hole chased by a cat. One waited and took the chance to run out and survive as the cat dozed off while another mouse stayed behind and die of hunger. So, doing the same thing and expecting a different result is madness  as I said before in my previous article.

We will be praying for her and whatever result, it is destiny.

Namaste

No comments:

Post a Comment