Friday, January 23, 2015

HBP - the silent killer.

I always tell people that life is a joke and I am trying to look at the brighter side of things. A few days ago, one of my colleague  suffered a stroke at 71 years old, Is it just old age ?

This colleague of mine is not close to me but we have a working relationship. He is very careful with his health and takes care of his cholestrol level very seriously.  He woke up one morning at 5 am and suffered a stroke in his condo's toilet. He was sent to a hospital and have an operation to remove the blood clot and he is not in sedation. His blood pressure hit 250 when he suffered the stroke.

Before his stroke, he was asked to go on medication to control his blood pressure but he choose to control it by exercise.  Many people think that high blood pressure is a disease and it is actually a disease and it is a silent killer.  It has not  serious  indication or discomfort but when the  blood vessel snap in the brain, there will be a stroke as blood will be oozing and damaging the brain.

I have a few friends who is not acknowleding that they are sick with HBP and they think that they can change their lifestyle to control it. It is a very difficult attempt as old habits die hard.  There are some people who can do it but most people failed miserably and when they wnat to go for medication, it is too late.

I h ave HBP because of my family history . Both my parents have HBP and it goes down to every member of my family . It cannot be denied and avoided and we better convince ourself that we care sick. There is nothing wrong to be sick and takes medication.

To all my reader, this is a warning and please go to do your blood pressure check and take immediate steps to keep your pressure at the health range.

Namaste.

No comments:

Post a Comment