Tuesday, January 6, 2015

A compassionate heart

Have a compassionate heart or wake the Buddha in everyone of us.  Yes, I believe everyone have a Buddha in us and we are born to be compassionate.  However, during our journey through life , we have experience the bitterness and hurts in our life .

Once, a friend of mine told me that to love is open our heart to be burt by others.  I do not understand her but she has had two bad experience with her life partners. Once is her first husband and now with her second husband.  I do not know her expectation in life or where has she been hurt.

I have another female staff who is also angry with her husband.  She told me that all man are animals and irresponsible . But , I do know that there are also good man around. Not all are bad apples.

Based on the stories by these two female friends,  I wonder whether it is because of their expectation or the bad performance of their husbands. Relationships are very complicated and if we expects nothing, we will never be disappointed.

Last sunday, I could see two nasty incidents involving two females around me. One of them was my close relative. She has been married for 25 years and she often quarrel with her husband over the use of words. She cannot tolerate the use of foul languages and because of one foul word , the scene could change from a loving situation to a war zone.  They will end up not talking to each other. I think this is a different of expectation or there could be an egotics element in the incident.

Another incident is as I was having dinner at a restuarant with my family, there was an old couple with their daugther at the next table. There was two empty seat. They ordered their food and start to eat when a young couple came to join in their table. The girl told the parents that the boy was late and the whole dinner , these two young couples were not talking to each other and eating their own food without caring for each other. It was a really tense dinner.

Based on these two incident , I feel that both are very trivial matters and it is just like the story of a couple walking along a jungle path and they heard a sound. The lady said " this is a chicken" but the man said " this is a duck" and the rest of the journey, they argue whether it is a chicken or a duck . Finally, the lady start crying very badly and the man said " yes, you are right it is a Chicken". Is it so important whether it is a chicken or a duck.  We have missed the most important thing in our life. It does not matter it is a chicken or a duck , the present time we are having is the most important.

Yes , if only we realized what is the important thing , we will be happy.

Namaste.

No comments:

Post a Comment