Monday, January 5, 2015

Bak Kut Teh lunch with Lee.

My old friend, Lee called me after a long time since we last meet. It was more than one year ago. He asked for a diary and calendar from my company and I took the change to meet him  for lunch.

The Bak Kut Teh lunch was not so good but tolerable and it was a meeting with old friends that was the main point.  During the lunch , he updated me that a few banker friends have retire including an old investor friend.  After his heart attack , he chose to retire for good . To stay away from stress and live longer. I could feel that one by one my old friends have recluse themselves after retirement.

Life is a journey and at certain point, we have to take a back seat and move into the background. I have been trying to be useful and to be relevant as my boss told me.  If I can still contribute, I should continue to provide such meaning service and it is not because of money .  It is also to seek that my legacy have been carried on.


My friend, Lee look old but he still healthy and as usual very humble. Now , he is a businessman and he cannot blame the economy and he is struggling to survive. Yes, business can be very cruel and sometimes , it bites very hard .  If we choose to eat chilli, we must expect it to be chilli hot.  Well, at the end of the day, it is the acheivement or self fulfillment that matters more to us. 

We want to prove that we can stand on mountains , weather the stormy seas and emerged to be champions to fight the adversity.  It is the struggle and fight that is worth it .

Well, I cannot say things on other people's behalf but for me, it is to remain useful until the end of the day which matter most for me.

Namaste.

No comments:

Post a Comment