Friday, July 4, 2014

Yoga Anniversary Dinner - last Tuesday.

It is amazing how strange people doing the same exercise can sit together to have dinner at Xuan Xi restaurant in QB.  Yes, we have been practising yoga together for some time now but we seldom have the chance to talk as we come late and go off on time before and after the yoga session. Our teacher finally initiated a dinner with a few of her students and we were told to go for the dinner.

At the dinner,  I initiated the question of how they come in contact with my teacher or yoga.  A few of the students told me that they got my teacher's contact from her blog and after that, they call up and choose to come for her yoga session.  Yes, I think we are fated to meet and enjoy yoga together.

Then , my next question to them is why they choose yoga ?  A few of them told me that they are basically lazy bumps or couch potatoes and decide to go for some exercise. For me , I have followed my teacher for six years and it start with a session in the gym where I have my first encounter with yoga.

Then, my next question is what they have learned from yoga ?  The common answer is that it was a good exercise . The practice is tough but the feeling is good after the exercise. For me, I have not improved much over the years but I could continue to feel fit and  maintain my flexiblity.  Yes, it is an anti-aging exercise . It provides strong breathing , flexible joints and strong legs and good sleep.

I started to wonder after the years of practice is that where we aged according to the past days or not. What if the day is long and they is no changing of days , do we aged ?  Most of it is in our mind and we feel aged if we think we aged over the days.  However, finally, we do aged and die.

I would like to vouch here is that any form of exercise if we do it consistently or persistently, it is good for health and it has an anti-aging effect.

Namaste.

No comments:

Post a Comment