Monday, May 9, 2011

Yesterday was Mother's Day

This is a belated greetings to all the Mothers. You have been doing a marvellous job in raising your children and keeping them from harm's way.  Your greatness and sacrifice is beyond comparison or description. Bravo and cheers to all of you. Never give up and keep trying.

I came from a big family, three sisters and two brothers. My mother and father work hard to raise all of us and make us what we are today. Honest, hardworking and God fearing. Every time, I think of my mother, I regretted for not spending enough time with her. After graduation, I was always on the move and have plenty of activities like playing a band and mixing with my friends.  I took my mum for granted and when she was gone, I told myself that I should have known better. Time and age spares no one.

During the festivals, my mum would make several good dishes and we can eat all we want. All the chicken, pork and meat. We are a meaty family and we especially like the fatty portion of the pork. This is the Cantonese culture. We grill, fried and steam all kind of meat especially the pig knuckles. By the way, I was told that now, the trend of favoring fatty pork are coming back because it has anti-aging qualities.  This could be true because the Chinese believe that skin will nourish the skin and the knuckles will benefit the joints and the brain will benefit our brains.  I am not joking here. When I was young and before I go for any exams, my mum will cook alot of brains for me so that I can remember things. Yes, coming to think about it, it  is abit messy and hopefully, it is true. My mum know what is best for me.

This is the trust we have in our mothers. They always give the best to us and when we are sick, they gave us love and passion. They are not far away as we grow and when we get married, we treat our spouse better than them. Our mothers provide for us and groom us into useful human beings and yet, we married, we provide for our spouse more than her. Yes, we have to start a family and we should have mutual respects for our partner but lets know forget those who gave birth to us and provide for us. They are the greatest Mother.

However, lets not forget , this coming weekend is the Father's Day.  To all the great fathers, bravo and cheers to you as well. You work hard to make our day and you protect us when we are in danger.  You have discharge your duties passionately and became a model to the boys. Keep it coming and make your family a happy one.  Happy Father's Day.

Namaste.

No comments:

Post a Comment