Monday, May 23, 2011

Age is just a number ? Is it ?

I have always believe that age is just a number. I have many friends and I have also seen many old people living a young and energetic life style. As if that there is no age barrier.

One of them is my Tai Chi Master. He is about 74 years old and he is still very fit.  He have the internal strength to take blows from young man and he can push you a few feet away with two fingers. He still walk very fast, eat well and talk very loud.  He is a very good walking example of a kungfu master.  Although, he is bald and have the skins like old people but his youthful spirit never diminishes. 

Another person is a 64 years old Yoga teacher who still practice her full routine and execute complex and complicated stance and pose. Wonderful body shape but age is showing on her face.  She is full of energy and youthfulness. There many younger people who would be able to match her ability.

I have seen this two examples and I follow them and became their students. I have practice Tai Chi for 3 years and Yoga for 4 years. Now, my yoga teacher is a SYT,  a sweet young thing but she is serious and very discipline. She is a no nonsense girl of 24 years old. Very systematic and meticulous. Her class is always intense...Ow!!! OMG,

I should be very fit by considering the activity I have been through but I still suffers intense pain all over my body after each session especially the joints after the yoga class.  The Tai Chi class is not so tedious and often it is very relaxing and refreshing. I wounder whether there is something wrong with me especially the continuing discomfort after every class. I dare not asked my yoga teacher but I guess that yoga is an exercise which continue to stretch your muscles and pushing your stretching limits in very turn and pose. Take example of a lotus sitting position, after 55 years of inactivity the joints which is involved in the sitting position could have harden or fixed at a certain angle. If you were to stretch and pull the joints to widen its flexibility, it will suffer immense discomfort and pain after the exercise.

Another point is that my recovery rate is getting longer and longer. I used to recover very fast from injury but if age catches up, you could feel the tiredness and lingering pain which will drag on longer. Nothing can reverse this aging symptoms. You can slow down aging but you cannot escape aging. It is a reality that every old ages and die one day. Some live a longer life , others a shorter one. This is a fact that all of us must face. You can apply all the cosmetics you want or operate umpteen times by using plastic surgery, the fact that everyone will age. If we go against nature, the outcome could be disastrous and scary. Some part of your face may just fall off.

My conclusion is that aging is not a number but a real fact . We can slow it down but we cannot escape it. So, for all of you, do everything in moderation and you will have a happier life.

Namaste.

No comments:

Post a Comment