Sunday, April 10, 2011

By a slim chance, we met.

Last sSaturday night, out of the blues, my wife told me that she wants to Gurney Plaza Shopping Mall. She has never mentioned to me before that evening. I cancelled my dinner arrangement with my sister and off, we go the Mall.  It was already 7.30 pm and we went around shopping for a while before we had dinner.  After dinner , it was already 9 pm and on the way out of the restaurant, she told me that she wants to go to Parkson. Then, we went into Parkson and we wonder around before she bought a belt. While I was waiting there, I saw a familiar face walking towards me. My friend, SB was standing in front of me. She told me that she has thought of me on that morning.  Ow, it is a strange chance.

It is very normal for us to see our old friends in the Mall or on the street or in restaurants. Our destiny with them often criss cross and it is fate that plan the meeting. SB, have migrated to Australia with her family for more then half a year and before she migrated, she often called me to titillate. Last Chinese New Year Dinner, I was sitting next to her husband in the same table while enjoying the dinner at the invitation of our banker. He told me that he is migrating there in a month.  I asked SB why is she back in Penang and she told me that her mother was not well. On that day, she was out shopping. The chance of meeting her is out of the world and I believe this is pre-destined.

Today, I met another old friend as I was going to buy some herbal tea. He was standing in front of the shop while I was busy talking to my daughter as we were walking. He kept his silence when he saw me in the distance and he only greet me when I was standing in front of her. My daughter, May have actually asked me to go to One-stop mall before going to that herbal shop but I change the plan while I was driving there. All these last minute changes and chance meeting with my friends really refreshes me on fate and destiny.  Like I say before in my previous article, all of us have all the choice in life and when we make a choice, it is a step in our journey.  We are responsible for the path we choose. Just like these two chance meetings, it is the timing and the choice , I choose before our path is crossed.

Life is a journey , not a destination. This is my belief. It is the process and not the end that is important. Wherever we are going, we should enjoy each step and appreciate the people we meet in the journey. We can meet them one time, two times or many times and each time could be the last. We should treat it as the last to appreciate their presence.

To all folks. Treasure and enjoy each steps in your journey and appreciate the people close to you.  Like the Chinese saying goes " We meet in this life but not in the next" . Even if we do meet in the next life, we are different people and in different time and in different situation.

Namaste.

No comments:

Post a Comment