Monday, December 20, 2010

Those were the days .....

Those were the days , when I was care free and innocent.  I catch spiders, play marbles, spin the top, fly the kite and have fist fights.  I eat anything from fatty pork to pig brain and lizard meat.  I have no worries as if  I will live forever , doing all the things I love to do.  My mum nag and cane me but each time, I go back to that naughty and care free days.  I hit the can as if I am playing on the drums and I sing as if  I am the Beatles. I climb the jambul and coconut trees like the monkey  and build my tent under the bush and I hide under the bed and cover myself with the blanket. I run and jump here and there and get cuts , burns and bruises but i recovered. Never I could sit still and watch things go by without touching  and shouting at it.

After 50 years, most of my upper tooth is gone and I cannot eat hard things , my cholesterol is high and my blood pressure is unstable. I need to watch my weight and need to control my sugar level.  I have to do Yoga and Tai Chi to maintain my health and after work, I am already tired and need to have an early rest to be fresh for tomorrow. I live in a routine and do not have enough  time for myself.  I am no longer care free and innocent. Always struggling with my thoughts and longing for more time to myself.

This is the irony. Changing from a care free person to a struggling old man. Living in a more and more difficult life and searching for the proper dharma to be contented and to search for the bliss which come easy to me as a young boy, I was carefree and innocent. It took me a 50 years circle to search for the things I have once.
Those were the days and don't you think that life is a joke.

Namaste

No comments:

Post a Comment