Thursday, December 2, 2010

There is always a lesson somewhere

Yes, I have said before that we should not judge on another person's action or you shall also be judged. But, I really cannot tolerate as these disgusting acts are  just too much.

I was travelling by a local airline from Chittagong to Dhaka  and the flight was delayed by one and half hours.  While we sit there fuming and trying to calm our self down , there was this couple sitting there waiting together with us. The girl just stuck to the man like a leech, practically graping hold of the man and start to pull small hairs from his face and head and this lasted for the whole waiting period infront of about a 100 people.  There were so many Bangladeshi at the airport and their religion is Islam. One look at the man and girl, I know the man is flirting with the woman as he was quite old and she was many years younger. I know I should not judge but it really make me uncomfortable. I over heard the man talking in Cantonese while the women speak in Mandarin.  Yes, she is one of those wacky  China dolls who have posted and caused many havoc to happy homes.  I met a friend in Dhaka and he told me that the China girls are everywhere , trying to catch a big fish irrespective of color, race and religion.  Just like devil in disguise.

Another China couple was also very annoying , talking for the whole waiting time at the airport and on the flight from Chittagong to Dhaka. I just wonder why they have so many things to talk.  Don't they feel tired and be more aware of their surrounding and respect the people around them. This prompted my colleague with me to concur that the China man and women are loud , rowdy and their splash their money around like no body's business. The more money they have, the louder they will talk.  This is really a nuisance and irritating.

These two incidents really push me to the edge and I have to dig into my wisdom to keep a peace of mind and to remain calm to complete the journey.  Maybe, there is a lesson in these incidents and tell me that I have a lot to learn.

There was this story  of a young monk who cannot meditate because a nearby bell was ringing very loud and he gets irritated and went to see the abbot of the temple.  He asked the abbot how he can tolerate the ringing bell.  The abbot told him that the choice of selecting what to hear depends entirely on the young monk. We cannot get calm or stillness is because we choose to concentrate on the sound or the ringing bell. We know that standing in the middle of the street will caused us to be knock down by on-coming traffic, do we still want to stand in the middle of the street.  If we put our hands near the candle, we will get burn, do we still want to put our hands there to be hurt ?  So, it all depends on us to stir our mind or focus to something more pleasant and positive.  The two above incidents is a good example. Why should I look at them or try to hear what they say, it only hurt me.

Yes, I believe that there is a lesson in any incidents or happening.  We just need to be more aware of this test and the choice of our will.

Namaste.

No comments:

Post a Comment