Monday, December 27, 2010

I won over Mr Anger

Today is a happy day because  I have grown to be a better person and  I realized that  I am not a slave to my self and my emotions. I was told that some one  have complain about my handling of a task at a  meeting which I did not attend. My re-action is that I became upset and my breath pick up speed and my hands became cold and  I am filled with anger. I quiet down my self for a while and think of a suitable response. 

I could have jumped up and scream or wrote a nasty e-mail to rough up the other person but  I choose a compose way and give a professional reply to the complain.  After that, I feel good about my self. That person wants to make me angry but I am not responding to it . If  I am upset, I fall into his trap and hurt my self but I gave not re-action or not responding to the way , he wants me to re-act , I have won because I  did not spend additional moment of my precious time getting upset and giving him the attention he wants.

Coming to think about it, it is something, I have learned from my dharma. By repeating this phrase, ''Getting angry is hurting our self over other people's imperfection". It is true. Why get angry over some one's weakness. It is a waste of time, energy and effort.  If that fella is a swine, he is always a swine, no matter what.  Whatever we do will not change him and he will remained a swine. There is a chinese saying " We can easily change an empire but we can neverchange a man's character. Old habits die hard.

It is also true that when we are angry, we should not say or do anything unless we have great wisdom and a perfect control of our emotions and self. We should breath deeply and slow down our heart beat and think of the good thing we have.  Like I told my daughter before  that if we keep looking a the sun, it will burn our eye , so why look at the sun. It is better to see beauftiful things or more pleasant things around us.  It is all our choice and it is within us.

In my previous articles, I have been repeating the same mantra and through repitition , it will stays in my head and will replay when the occasion arises. My adopted Guru said that chanting is a repeating a vow and the more times we repeat it, the deeper it will sink within us and eventually will change our thoughts. This method have been practice thousands of years and it  can still holds water today, so it must be something.

The Great Compassion arise in me to pardon whoever  is doing wrong to me. He will face his doing one day. Lets wait and see.

Namaste.

No comments:

Post a Comment