Sunday, December 19, 2010

As time goes by..

The memory of my mother is still fresh in my mind. Before, she passed away, she likes to sit on the swing outside her house and looking in. I will see her on the swing when I went home of dinner and I will sit with her on the swing and chat for a short while before I take my dinner. This routine goes on a year before she passed on.  Later, I was told that most old people have this habit of sitting infront of their house and watch time goes by. It is the inner feeling of watching outside in and re-live their fond memories.

For some time now, I notice an old man sitting in front of  his house watching the traffic and people walking by his house on good clear days,  This sight prompt me to think of my late mother. The memory repeatedly  prick my memory and give me a sense of helplessness. We cannot control time and it will continue to tick, tick and tick and in no time, we will be in the same stage of the old man.  We can see  our future in others and we shut of mind to this awareness.

My elder and youngest sister is back to Penang from KL and we used To gather around to talk about "heaven and earth"  and we share the feeling that time is moving very fast. Day become week and week become month and month become year. In our life, how many ten years , do we have?  All of us agreed that we have to do what we want to do before time run out on us. It is true and obvious time is slipping from our hand as we sit and wonder.

It is said that when we are young, we dream of what had happen and not happen and when we are old, we dream of what have not happen as our memory fail us. Last two days, it is a Friday and we look forward to a good rest in the week end . Now, it is Sunday and our feeling is that we need more rest and beg Master Time not to move too fast and keep us in the fixed moment.  This internal fight provLjides no definite answer but to stir up a losing feeling and a feeling of restlessness.

Folks,  Master Time wakes for no one and we have to swim with the tide.

Namaste.

No comments:

Post a Comment