Thursday, February 16, 2017

My monkey mind

I have been trying to practice meditation to control my monkey mind through yoga breathing or some special breathing exercise . Yes , at times , I can control my mind but when in troubling times, it is really a challenge. It is just like stones been thrown into the water as troubles appeared one by one.  The ripples on my mind is sending waves through my mind and affect my breathing exercise. Yes, I have to abandon the exercise as panic and fast breathing destroy the peace in my mind. It can be uncontrollable and instead of fighting it , I have to abandon it and face it.

The feeling is bad and agitated . If I have to control it , it will be like fighting inside me and make me sweat and in a panic mood.  I have to be kind to myself and kind to my mind and surrender to my feeling and agitation. Just surrender yourself and let the feeling and thoughts settle down by doing nothing but just observing it.  The feeling is not good but what can we do.  Just watch it settles down like the ripples in the water after we throw a stone in it.  Let it go and settle by itself.

It is against our nature ie our ego and our character.  We are always in control and by nature, we are control freaks.  It is against our nature to surrender and we fight to control and this is the natural response.  But, in these situation of the mind, we have to slap our ego and be kind to the mind for it to return to the peaceful mode as soon as possible. The more we fight , the more ripple we create and the longer our mind will need to settle down.

Relook at ourself , our reaction and we will be aware and realized the consequences.

Nameste.

No comments:

Post a Comment