Thursday, February 16, 2017

Drifting along my path

I felt suffocated pending the discharge of my sister from the hospital.  Shall I put her in the nursing home or to arrange a private nurse at home for her ?  Obviously, in the financial view point, it is much cheaper in the nursing home but it has not much benefit and it is the same as in the hospital ward. Still the problem is that most of the time , my sister will still be alone after the 2 hours each  visit in the afternoon and in the evening.  Still my sister have 20 hours of being alone.  Let her sleep, but how much of sleep.

For this decision, I look at the nieces and asked them " how often can you visit her ?" .. there was a complete silence .. They need to work and sometimes after OT , they will be very tired .. Have to drive from their office after work and to visit her one or two hours.  Is this practical for weeks or months ?  There is no such commitment , their body have limits and the tolerance of stress and work is also limited. Complete silence is the best answer  and I look at their tired faces. Yeah, less financial cost but will not be practical for visitors to see my sister in the nursing home. So what to do ? No choice , I have to look at arranging for private nursing  and let my sister rest at home.

Private nursing for 24 hours ? It will cost RM23 per hour and if for 30 days , it will be very costly , RM17K a month excluding all the miscellaneous expenses. Wow, for how long can I support ? This is another trouble bothering me. So, I will have to weight the matter as I go on.. I will try 2 weeks full time nursing for 24 hours and will see the progress , if my sister is getting better, I will cut to 12 hours of private nursing and arrange a maid to take care for 12 hours and will reduce to 7 days if she gets better and off private nursing to be replace by a maid if she is able.  I hope this strategy will work and keep my finance in check.  If not , it will be a runaway train and I will be stressed over the financial matters.

Yeah, home is better for my sister and the familiar smell, sound  and the environment will be more conducive for her to recover and be well again.  Lets hope that this will be the case.

Namaste.

No comments:

Post a Comment