Sunday, October 9, 2016

My trip to Hatyai , Thailand

Last weekend , I took a short trip to Hatyai , a two days and one night holiday. I was shocked at the long queue going into Hatyai and the long container queue coming out of Hatyai, the following day.  I wonder why the procedure is so primitive like when I was in Bangladesh twenty years ago. Why isn't somebody do anything about it.  But , the trip was not all unpleasant.

The people were friendly, the Chinese food was good and the price of things were about 50% cheaper than in Penang and 70% cheaper than in KL  It was amazing that such good food can be so cheap and it was really a wonderful trip, I had two massage in a day, it could only 300 bahts for a two hours massage which is about RM50 and I have to pay RM150 in Malaysia,  However, my two session was not so good but it is my tate or I maybe expecting a more thorough job.

The dinner on Friday night was amazing , we have two markerel fish , a big squid, one viggie, cockerels, chickel , two big crabs, one grass noodles with big prawns and it cost only RM150 for the dinner,  The taste was fantastic and the environment was really good,

I went around the wet market and there was so much fresh foods and it was really cheap. It must be a really shopping paradise for women,  That was what I was told .

One of the local told me that the Government give business grants of RM60K  and it was to provide employment to the local people and they only have to furnish records of customers going to their shops to buy things or to get services.  There was so many cafĂ©, massage centres and food stalls in Hatyai. 

For my trip, I have a teo chew food for lunch, a seafood dinner, a koay teow soup for breakfast and a  kampong chicken rice for lunch before leaving for Penang. 

The whole traveling journey excludes the clumsy immigration told me only 3 hours drive from Penang to Hatyai .  But , a word of caution , please avoid long holidays where the queue will take hours to clear at the immigration , It is really an amazing that the immigration procedures have not change for 40 years at least. 

Namaste

No comments:

Post a Comment