Thursday, April 21, 2016

Working life

This morning , suddenly I realized that I have been working for 38 years in the same company while my wife who is besides me told me that  she has worked also for 32 years.  A big portion of my life dedicated to the Company and how time flies , we are in the end chapter of our life already.


I realized that I have travelled  to my factory for at least 20 years using the Penang bridge and most of the time , I hurried through it amidst the jam or the heavy traffic.  It is just like rushing through a meal and not knowing how the food taste. Just eat for the sake of eating or driving like a zombie across the bridge not knowing what is there on the bridge. Sometimes, big accidents and sometimes small accidents , I have no more feeling for it.


It is really amazing how times flies and not knowing how did it went and where is it now like the 1MDB , "wang mana pergi"... yeah , I have passed through the bridge so many times and not knowing how I have passed through it.


Unlike tourist who have their roaming and inquisitive eyes .  They can see the view , the traffic, the structure of the bridge more clearly than us.  If there a million buck on the bridge , I could have missed it with my zombie condition  ie half sleeping and yet keeping my eyes open.  This is a trick which we have to learn to pass our time.  But ,actually, it is a waste. For the tourist , they can even spot a dime.  It is the irony of life.


Wow, coming back to my 38 years, I feel so down and not remembering much of my life  and how it has been spend. I told my wife what kind of life are living , spending our precious time to work for a living. If it is enough, than we should tell our self it is enough and moved on to something else to fulfill our life. It is a choice and it is within us to decide . But, if we choose to work on, then it is still okay as long as we are aware of the purpose in our life is to serve out our life in this company.


There is no right or wrong but it is a decision with awareness.



No comments:

Post a Comment