Tuesday, September 29, 2015

My emotions

I have attended two funeral wakes in two days . One is for my secretary's father who is 87 years and another for a distant relative at 45 years old.  What a wracky feeling ?

Life seems uncertain and fragile suddenly . But, it is not suddenly , it has been a fact since day 1 and we tend to look away and prohibit from talking and discusing about death. Is death really so frightening if it is a fact ?

Yesterday, I had a lunch with banker friend and we were joking about death . Not death per se but the way of dying in a proper and honorable way. This subject trigger a thought and really a message from an old friend.

Hopefully, this story will not touch the sensitivity of my readers and it is real, This friend of mine have been frequently seeking the pleasure from hookers and one day he told me that by the law of karma , he has sin a lot as he has seek the pleasure of many hookers espcially in Thailand.  He asked me whether by the law of karma, he will become a hooker in the next life and repay all his sins by people getting the same pleasure from him.  I told him, I don't have the answer and it may probably be the case.

Further on, he told me his fear that one day , he could die naked in a strange bed with a hooker and his story will shame his family and surprise his friends.  He is fearful but the craving is still there.  I told him that if it is in a bed is still okay but what if he die suddenly naked in an ugly situation.

I reminded him of the actor, David Carradine who was a kungfu expert and he died in Bangkok in a closet hanging in a strange position.  He could be seeking pleasure from some exotic arrangement. This is precisely what my friend fear is that he will be found naked upside down dead.

I believe the law of karma is real but how it come and when it come , I am not sure.  The saying is that we reap what we sow.  We just have to be careful in our way of life.

Namaste.

No comments:

Post a Comment