Monday, May 26, 2014

The day the cup fell & tiger rise

Yesterday ,two big events was unfolding ie the fight for Thomas cup and the tiger's Parliamentary seat in Bukit Glugor. It was a day of excitement as we have to struggle between staying on to watch the Thomas cup or to participate in a forgone conclusion of the winning tiger.

The day start with the election for the Jelutong parliamentary seat which was fought   between Ramkarpal and three other independents.  The voting was slow in the morning and it gradually become more busier.  Many people have thought that it is a meaningless voting exercise as the Tiger will surely win.  My sisters in KL was not back for the voting and my 2nd sister told me that she is not going to vote because it is a useless exercise.  But , I disagree and told her that we have to exercise our right and this is a right to choose who to take care of our rights.  I offered to take her and my brother to the polling station for the vote.

My center was not the same as them and I was the first one to drop in to vote at Chung Ling High School private.  The crowd was sparse and it was a very quick to drop in to vote. After that, I took them to their polling station and at the polling station oppersite Sunshine Farlim, the crowd was more heavier especially lunch time.  I dropped them and then pick them up at 15 minutes later. 

When I reached home, the Thomas Cup was in play and Dato Lee Chong Wei played well and won the 1st set . I keep watching until the 2nd doubles was 1-1 before I switch off the TV to another channel.  I have a feeling that Malaysian Team will lost and this was the final result 3-2 in favour of Japan.  My passion was divided between supporting the Thomas Cup Team and not wanting UMNO to gain mileage on the Thomas Cup event.  Lately, a lot of wrong  things been uttered by BN leaders and this have upset me very much.  I feel that BN give way to a new government so that things can be back to normal.

At 5pm, the polling closed and at 8pm, the result of the Bukit Glugor polling result start to roll out and Ramkarpal was ahead with the result and finally, it was 90% of the votes goes to DAP and the independents lost their deposits. The voting was below 60%  and 90% goes to DAP.  Yes, this is the result we want to show to BN and what they are doing is wrong and they have to change their way to remain in power.  We hope the Telok Intan result will be the same for Dyana and this will really wake up the sleeping and corrupt BN.

The day will come I think and everything will clearer after the rain.

Namaste.

No comments:

Post a Comment