Friday, January 25, 2013

Our life is lead by our choice

I could have shut up during a meeting in KL and let the process run by itself. But, I choose to add my comments to the process and based on my thinking at that time , it was a logical action but after coming out of the meeting, I decided to change my decision and withdraw my support for the process.  Immediately, I sent out an email to inform the Chairman of the meeting about my retraction of my comments and support.

After I have sent out the email, the next moment, there were many email comments directing at my retraction. Some members said that I am bond to my comments while others said that I am not ethical or unprofessional and I should check before I  comment on the process.

I was a bit puzzled at the response I received and the matter was not in the agenda of the meeting and it was brought out as an impromptu agenda and it was like a discussion and no votes were taken. How can it be binding?  Some member even take over the power of the Chair and disregard my withdrawal of support.

This incident really open up my eyes and let me see how people who have been very passive can be provoked into an anger and aggressive manner if they interest is in jeapordy or their rice bowl is under threat.  It was like driving on the road and when a car or a bike nearly hit your car  or block your path, the re-action is anger and provoke you in a rage.   This is because your safety is been threaten.

There are many people with a different agenda and most important is to safeguard their interest above all. So, their choice is to protect themselves and dispel any aggression towards their interest. It is a natural animal instinct in any person unless you have enough knowledge and wisdom to handle the situation to give way or accept the provision of other people's interest.  This is again your choice of action.

We are disturbed by ourself interest and our ego and pride.  Most of our choice of words and action is driven by these factors.  So, who is going to give you money if they have worked hard for it or struggle for it ?  To be right minded , we want other people to work as hard as us to earn the money we will get. Any lesser effort will make us angry or less easier to give us our money.

The exercise of our choices in our  will set our destiny and sometimes, the wrong choice could lead us to the right path because we are able to gap the chances which arisen on our journy through life. But, many things are pre-destined and fate.

Namaste.

No comments:

Post a Comment