Saturday, January 19, 2013

Goh Huat Seng Restaurant , Penang

I was searching for a simple dinner last night in town at the request of my wife. So, together we went hunting for food. I took the route from Jelutong to Georgetown and the traffic was quite okay until the weld Quay area. It was a bottleneck leading from Weld Quay to Magazine road but it was only a short held up. I went to Tak Kee Restaurant but it was full and some people were waiting ouside for their seats. So, we decided to move on and I suggested Goh Huat Seng Restaurant since we are already near there.

 As we passed by the restaurant, there was a lot of people eating but there was tables available. I dropped my wife to get a table while I went off to park my car. It was a surprise to me that I could get a parking space so easy. I remembered the place used to be congested with cars and it was a messy lot. Anyway, I was thankful for the easy parking.

As I walk into the restaurant, memories rise up to my mind. I used to bring my mother to this restaurant for lunch or dinner. The specialty for this place is steamboat.My mother likes their oyster noodle very much and their crab meat and fish balls. Yeah, my both in-laws also loved the steam boat and also the crab meat balls. It was just like walking into the past.

The restaurant have change quite abit and it was brightly litted up. Most of the tables are serving steam boats and their steam boats are served on traditional style. The steam boat bowls are fired up by charcoal and nowadays, they are replaced by gas cylinders or electric operated wok or pots. I think the serving style make them special as the food taste maybe better.

My wife ordered a steam fish, a tofu veggie, their crab meat balls and a seaweed fishball soup. It was a simple dinner and it turns out the portion was right for two person and the taste was excellent good. Simple menu and very tasty. I was very surprise as I haven't been to this place for a long time. Maybe, it was because of the messy parking in the area. It cost only RM51 for the whole meal. A pretty good deal for a wonderful dinner.

 After the dinner, we walk around to check on the stalls lining the Kimberly street. The stalls have been getting lesser and I realized that is why there are easy avialable parking spaces. There is a reason for everything that happens.

The drive back home through Dato Kramat road was a bit jam especially in Gama supermarket area. There was a slight accident which otherwise, could be a smooth drive home. I would highly recommend my readers to try the food. It is reasonable price and good.

Happy hunting.

 Namaste.

No comments:

Post a Comment