Saturday, January 26, 2013

Lunch at " Eighth Street" In Bandar Baharu, Penang

I have been to this restaurant for two times and I really loved the food there.  It is about 45 minutes from the Penang Bridge toll and it is on the mainland and also the North South highway to the South.

I have told my wife that it is very famous for river fish and she has been longing to eat the restaurant.  So, last night , I mooted the idea of inviting her younger brother,ES  to join us for the lunch.  I was not quite sure of the place but luckily, ES could remember the place.

He came to my house at 11 am this monring and we set off for the restaurant at 11.30am. His son and girlfriend, N joined us for the lunch.

There are about six or seven river fish restaurant in Bandar Bahru and we choose the restaurant located in the 8th street in the Kampung town. Most the houses were wooden and we noticed a few concrete bungalows in the sleepy town.

At the restaurant, ES and my wife did the ordering and they choose two plate of fish , two plates of prawns and two plates of vegetable. The " Namkor" fish was 1.4 kilo while the mud fish was much smaller.  The namkor fish was about RM70  per kilo and in Penang Island , it is about RM160 per kilo.  The fish was very delicious and there was so much flesh . The mud fish was okay only while the prawns, one plate was fried with curry and another was steam with eggs.The prawns were also very sweet and delicious while the vegetables' taste was good.  The total billfor 5 of us including five coconut drinks was about RM271.  If we

No comments:

Post a Comment