Friday, September 15, 2017

Pouring rain

It has been raining since late last night and it keeps pouring until there was massive floods in my area, Farlim.  The water flows from the hills and the higher areas to the roads in front of all seasons and the water raise to a chest high ..  It was a bad day as I was caught in the midst of things.

It was jam as I took the first corner and the queue was long and slow.  When I reach the first traffic light , I could see the cars turning into All seasons and after a short reach, the flood come into my full vision.  I kept going and the water keep rising until I decided to turn back as the flood opens up into a bigger and bigger area. I don't know whether the car will get stalled or not and it is better to turn back from this risk.. Going back to my house was no issue as the traffic in this direction was few.  I stay back in my house as the traffic jam flow towards my house and what I can do is to stay back and wait for the water to slide back.  After awhile, I wanted to check it out and drive my car out towards the direction of the traffic light .. Again , the flood in front of All seasons have not recede and I was forced to move forward towards Air Itam road.  It was a massive jam on this road and I was stuck.

After 20 minutes, my wife call me to check my location and I told her that I was still in the same location and not any further.  She told me that the flood has receded near all Seasons and I make a U turn back and go towards that direction . Yes, the flood have receded and I kept moving towards all seasons and it gradually opens up as the traffic disperse.

it was a smooth drive after the Hokkien cemetery area and moving into Batu Lanchang lane and towards green lane and it really was a smooth ride towards my factory.

It is not a matter of inconvenience but the time of the rain and the wind and the maintenance on the Penang bridge .  The combination of these various factors can make our lives more complicated and uncomfortable.  By one factor , it is already messy and chaotic and if with more disaster , we will be doomed if the traffic does not clear in time.

Namaste.

No comments:

Post a Comment