Wednesday, August 31, 2016

The power of money

Today, I received a message from my Yoga teacher and she asked for an increase in my yoga fees by about 15% and it was the third increase in this year. I protested to my wife about the hike and she concurred with me on the lack of logic. So, I whatsapp my fellow yogis to find out the market value of such programme and I was shocked to find out that the rate was quite closed to the market value. wow, it is really inflation has catch up and the purchasing power of our money have actually shrunk A few days ago, I was talking to my friend about the same subject. He told me that rm10,000 ten years ago is different from the same amount today and he cannot afford to buy any properties and his EPF savings are so little. Yes, I concurred with him and asked him to find out the real value of the money against inflation and compound the inflation rate over ten years and he will know what is the value of his RM10,000 now compared to the same amount 10 years ago. our salary actually shrunk if we do the calculations. It is really a scary situation if we put the hike of the housing price into the calculations. Last 10 years , the housing price have been going up by leap and bounds. Some 2 times and some even 3 times. Only these two years , the price have been stagnant. No employees can based on their own salary to buy houses next time in Penang and Selangor. The size of the houses have shrunk with the value of our money. It is better not to think about this matter and one of my yogi friends told me that the prices of everything is going up and she is right and another perspective is the value of our money have fallen . These two are the same impact and this is hurting the life of Malaysian. It is real and we have to be aware of it and do something about it before we hurt further in our daily needs. Namaste

No comments:

Post a Comment