Sunday, August 14, 2016

My weekend

My weekend was hectic and I learned a very good lesson. Giving free food for charity is not attractive at all and people valued their personal life more than food. My daughter May told me that we better organized a charity buffet for those friends who have donated to Asia works charity for a old folks home in Puchong as we have committed to give free vouchers for each donations. I agreed and she organized it but some donors did not turned up and we landed with so much food. Then I realized that these people donate for a good cause without expectations. Once they contribute , they contribute that is all and any rewards are secondary. Wow, it is so wonderful to know such compassionate people. Last night, I was on Whatsapp on the F&B sector. I told my friend on the other line that it is getting congested in Penang as everyday there are may café opening for business and they are offering at dirt cheap prices. How to cover the cost of doing business is a big wonder. In the afternoon, I was searching for a good cup of coffee and landed myself in Arang, Bayan lepas. It was located in a new area listing with shops and most of the shops are for rental or vacant. There was these two eateries, one offering lobster and another offering coffee while the rest of the shop lots were empty. Just empty and for sale. Now I know why my friends is telling me that there is glut in the shopping area and the supply is much faster than people taking it up to open for business. The market is getting cautious and selective while consumer is holding back their spending. The scene don't look good as the economy slows down. Wonder when the economy can recover as people fear over their jobs and salary while the world goes byy. Namaste.

No comments:

Post a Comment