Monday, June 20, 2016

My father's day dinner

My wife wanted me to invite her brothers and aunties and I took the chance to invite my brother and sisters. We had a good meal and it was fun to see how each of us have aged. We laugh and laugh after my brother in law and me have a few drink of rum.  It was sweet it taste so smooth but there was a bit of high feelings.


It starts well and ended well and the food was secondary.  The fun of together and seeing each other as time flies.  Yes, time really flies as the last time I saw my wife auntie was a few months ago during the wake of my eldest sister in law.  She has passed away last Dec 15 and it has been six months already.  Wow, time leaps and bounced endlessly.


Each time we meet , it is always on an occasion as everyone of us is busy with our life and when we meet we talk about the past and the old times. End of the day , it is only memories and love.  It is so funny that absence makes the heart fonder and concern and love expressed during the gathering.


 It is very fortunate that my daughter , May have decided to open a cafĂ© and we have chance and a place to gather together.  Otherwise, it is not possible to have more occasions to meet and find out the well beings of people close to us.


Looking at the family members , it is not the age that matters but it is the general health.  My wife's auntie is already 80 years old but my eldest sister is only 74 but their health and appearance differ so much.   My eldest sister hardly can walk and she looks so old but my wife's auntie is still so energetic despite after having operations on her knees.  It is the way of life and our body's absorption of the daily stress and  torture which matters a lot in our appearance.


Yeah, another occasion have passed and we look forward to another chance to meet.  It is only about time and money and does it matter ?  We should meet as often as possible before our time is up.


Namaste.

No comments:

Post a Comment