Monday, June 13, 2016

Every thing is uncertain.

I realized that the principle of impermanence . Everything is evolving and changing and nothing is static as said by Lao Tzu.   Time wait for no one and everything will decay according to time and will diminished over time.


There is no such thing as forever and there is a limit to life. If we are careful and aware , we can feel that our body is changing all the time. The hair will fall off, the teeth will be gone , the cells are dying and the skin is drying up and we lose our marbles of confidence over time.  Time is the master of all.


It is strange that we give up time so easily. We wild away or sleep or remained idle through the precious time and when it gets less and less , then we become more and more desperate.  We struggle to live the remaining years and try to live as well as ever but the body, the mind and the heart is failing us.


For example , traveling .  When we are young , we postpone our needs to see the world and when we have the time and money, our legs and our heart cannot support us through the journey. It is stupid planning right ? We are aware of it but we just let the days drift off.  What stupidity we have ?


It is always a wonder that the cycle of life which is birth, age, sickness and death is so simple to understand and yet we pay so little attention to this cycle. It is like after birth, we will never age, get sick and will never die.  We live as if we cannot die.  It is a mistake but we never talk about this matter and assume that we will live forever and forever . yet, when we realize it , it is just too late.


Someone asked me a question , when I retire ?  Yet, I get desperate of this simple question . Yes, I have thought about retirement but I have not really set a date .  Yes, the date will not be too long in the future and it will happen one day.  Yet, in my mind, I keep evading the answer to my self. It is not the money but it is rather the thought of being useless frighten me more.  I will decay fast in my body and my mind.  The wise words of Lee Kuan Yew, still rang loud in my ears.  He said " retirement is just like waiting for your death"..  Yes, it is true as we see most the way pensioners behave. They lack the dignity to keep their self in proper conditions like wearing shabbily  and looks sluggish through lack of exercise.  It is something for us all to ponder and wonder.


Life will end one day as the task could be shift to the next generation or successor. We better faced the reality and live on the best we can.


Namaste.

No comments:

Post a Comment