Friday, March 18, 2016

My retiring friends

I just received a mail from my banker friend thanking me for the 15 years of banking relationship. He is moving to his next chapter of his life. He is only 55 years and rich.  Jack Ma said that if you are still working at 45 , you deserve to work the rest of your life.  My friend is 10 years overdue and he could have choose to retire earlier but he did not.


He bid me farewell but I greet him " see you soon" . How can we be so absolute to say goodbye ? Life is so unpredictable and who knows that we may cross path again. Life's journey is so uncertain and unpredictable.


Another lady banker friend also told me that she is reaching retirement age in July this year and she could be asked to retire without any extension.  So , I told her to keep in touch whatever happens. Even if she is retired , we can still be touch as we have more time for our self.


A Lot of us is worried what will become of us when we retire with nothing to do. Our mind will become malfunction  and our body will become lazy and layback.  It will run out of shape anytime.  Working keeps us tight and fit and keep us in shape. Not working is waiting to die.  All these thoughts are on our mind and keep sending fears to us.


If retiring , we can still keep a healthy life.  Reading and exercise or do some risky business to keep us on our toes. No fears as fears manifest fears and will bring us down. Life in whatever form is forever risky.


As time goes on, many more of my friends will retire and do the things they like while for those who choose to work a little bit longer will continue to live in the same working routine and environment. Life is a choice and there is nothing wrong with either decisions. There is no right or wrong as long you are comfortable and happy.  The criteria is happy and not money.


Yes, happiness within your self is the upmost test.


Namaste.

No comments:

Post a Comment