Wednesday, August 26, 2015

Mad traffic in Penang

This morning I was caught in a massive jam on the way to work.  I was caught by surprise as such jams are normally in raining days but today , it was a dry morning. What happen ?

I thought that there should be an ancident or some broken down vehicle which was blocking the roads but there was nothing but just haze. We were told that the haze could last one and a half month. Just because of haze, there were more traffic on the road.  Yes, haze is dangerous for health but the traffic is craze.

I notice that the drivers are behaving very abnormally, going into the wrong lane, changing lanes suddenly , squezzing into the quene and stopping instantly.  The jam have caused us to be upset as we are rushing to work and also from these inconsistent drivers who behave like idoits and nincompoops. I wanted to use a four letter word to release my anger but I managed to divert my anger for peace.

I can expect more jams in the coming days as the haze will be around for some time. As more and more traffic flow into Penang as this week end is a long holiday with Merdeka day on next monday, I will leaving for KL for the weekend for some family matters. It will be a relief but again, I will smacked into Bersih4 on this weekend.  It is like jumping from a fire pan to another and I hope it will not be as mad as in Penang.

Recently, I heard a speech by our Penang CM LGE that Penang will be hooked by five access with the main land .There will two bridge, one underwater tunnel, one cable car and one LRT. This will be good for Penang as the access will improve mobility in the state. But, the flow of traffic in Penang Island will be more unless the LRT project can be done efficiently. This could reduce the traffic on the island if the traveling can be by public transport.

Yes, this is a mad , mad, mad world and hopefully, the Guan Yin ( LGE) can provide us with a good solution.  Cheers LGE

No comments:

Post a Comment