Friday, August 28, 2015

Ghostly stories

This is a continuation from my "encounter of the third kind ".

During lunch , my new lady banker told me that recently she has a funny experience in a parking lot. She tried to start her car but it won't start and her radio suddnely came alive . After she took out her key, the car engine starts. This happening was too much for her and she has no explanation about it.

The next incident was on her way to a dinner and her car have to pass through a dark and lonely lane . While she stopped to adjust her car, she suddenly saw a very old man walking pass her and she was so scare as her eery feeling got over her.

To make the case more interesting, I also told her about my encounter . On the third day of my mother-in-law's funeral , I tried to start my DVD for a show . I switch on the the TV , the DVD machine and as usual put in the disc and sit back to watch.  But the show did not come on and I tried so many times, taking it out and switching on and off the machine but in vain.  I called a technician and went  back upstair to wait for him. On arrival , he pressed the door bell, I went down stairs to receive him.  He came in and switch on the TV and the DVD player and start the player with the same DVD and the show immediately come on.  I was speechless and dumbfounded  and cold sweat start drip under my T-shirt.  What is happening ?  The technician have no answer and I was too scare to talk .

This kind of encounters really make me wonder : Is there something outside ? Though we cannot see, it does not mean that it does not exit .

I remembered of a story told by Ajahn Brahman , a Thai forest monk.  There was a monk who sits down and  closed his eyes to meditate.  Suddently, he heard a noice from far and he control his mind and keep his eye closed.  The noise starts to become loud and loud .  He visualize a mouse initially , then into a cat as it gets near and then a tiger as the noise gets nearer and louder. Finally, he open his mind , it was only a tiny mice. So, we can see that this is the work of the mind. The minid keep us misinterpreting the signs and causing the fear in us to grow. Things are not what it  seems to be at a glance for most of the time and the Mind often mislead us.

Namaste.

No comments:

Post a Comment