Wednesday, February 7, 2018

The years flew by

Last night , I attended a dinner organized by our insurer at a posh restaurant and my eyes were roaming around for familiar faces.  Yes , I saw a few old friends , yes , they are already old ie into their 60s and 70s. Then I realized how master time have flew by.

When I was talking to this old friend , he told me that he is already 70 but he looks healthy and good but he is old.  The tiredness in his eyes and the wrinkles are so obvious.  He was with his wife and she also looks old as probably at the same age.  It is really a wake up call for me as I will be at that age in a few more years. 

I look around and there was  many old folks like me and they were drinking and talking as loud as possible in the Chinese New year mood.  Yeah, some of them still looks fit and walk very firmly. Well, age is just a number , right ?  If you believe you are old , then you are old although our appearance will deceive us.

One young lady want to my table and sit besides me.  She was with the Insurance company . A sweet young chick and she was wearing a flowing skirt.  As she was talking to those people in the same table, her naked leg keep knocking against mine and she challenge me to a drink.  Well, at this age, I could control myself and my passion . Otherwise, it will be embarrassing for me if I stay up with my flag rising North.  Wow, I was tempted no doubt to drink with her and enjoy the company. 

Looking at the occasion , it was rare nowadays as " money is not enough to spend around " but the food was good at jade palace and I had a wonderful time , just eating away except the incident with the sweet young chick.  After awhile, I look back at her and she was slumping on her chair partially drunk.  Why do we need to drive ourselves up with alcohol and get knock out . It is still a wonder and maybe , the drinks make us feel good.

I left the dinner before two more dishes and feel that it is enough as it was well into the night by then.

Namaste.

No comments:

Post a Comment