Monday, January 18, 2016

The passing of Glenn Frey , an eagles legend.

I was shocked to hear that Glenn Frey , the guitarist which co-found the Eagles have passed away at 69. He was an excellent song writer during my time and have many songs to his credit including Hotel California, take it easy and love will keep you alive ,etc. I have hearing these songs quite often and it always lift me up after hearing these songs. These songs are the evergreens and we don't get fedup with. The passing of the legend start to make me aware that the people in my generation is dropping death sunddenly before their time. Well, before their time is my judgement but this may be their time to move on. It is hard to say nowadays that the dying age is 75 to 80. Looks like life beyond 80 is a bonus. All the great legends ie David Bowie, the Bee Gees , Glenn never oassed the age of 70. Some of them by suicide after under depression. At lunch time, my colleague told me that he thinking of retiring as his elders which is close to him are getting stroke and become speechless and motionless. I told him not to worry about this, there is a time for everything. Even if he retire and have a quiet life, things could still happen to him. Retiring does not mean we can escape death. The end is very clear is that all of us have to die and it is a matter of time. Some live longer and some live shorter but the conclusion is the same. We don't worry over something that we cannot control but we have to be aware and take care of ourself to live a longer and healthy life. We have to die someday. So, I am looking at life in a different light and will take care , live well, have a healthy like through eating and doing yoga. In the end, I will missed the Eagles and their magical sound of their singing and guitarship. Namaste.

No comments:

Post a Comment